logo
Vegas Information
Mark Ballas announces he will be retiring from Dancing With The Stars during an appearance in Vegas | Daily Mail Online
Mark Ballas announces he will be retiring from Dancing With The Stars during an appearance in Vegas | Daily Mail Online


Mark Ballas announced that he would be retiring from the Dancing With The Stars franchise during an appearance at the Pearl Concert Theater at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas on Sunday evening.

The 36-year-old television personality made a short speech to the crowd that had assembled for the event and revealed that he was planning on stepping away from the long-running program.

The dancer, who took home the mirrored ball during the show’s most recent season, has been a fixture on the dancing competition series ever since his debut in 2007.

Ballas began his statement by expressing via People that he was grateful for the support of his followers.

He stated: ‘I started this journey when I was 21, 22. Honestly, being able to dance and perform for you fans, you guys are the best fans.’ 

Making a change: Mark Ballas announced that he would be retiring from the Dancing With The Stars franchise during an appearance at the Pearl Concert Theater at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas on Sunday evening; he is seen in 2018

The professional dancer then stated that he had made the choice to conclude his time with the franchise. 

‘I just wanna finish by saying this will be the last time you see me dance in this capacity. I’m coming to a close tonight. This is going to be my last dance,’ he stated.

Ballas went on to express his gratitude for the support of his dancing partner, Charli D’Amelio, who was present during the event, as well as her loved ones. 

‘Charli means the world to me, the D’Amelio family, you guys mean the world to me. Thank you for everything,’ she said.

The television personality concluded by stating that although he would continue his dancing career, he would be stepping away from the franchise. 

‘I’m not saying this is the end, [but] this is the last time I will be dancing with a [celebrity] partner. And I wanted to finish this with Charli, and I appreciate you guys so much,’ he said.

A representative for the media figure told People that he had no further comments about his decision to leave the program at the time. 

Ballas previously made his debut on Dancing With The Stars in 2007, when he appeared on the program’s fifth season.

Expressing his gratitude: The 36-year-old television personality made a short speech to the crowd that had assembled for the event and revealed that he was planning on stepping away from the long-running program

Different road: The television personality concluded by stating that although he would continue his dancing career, he would be stepping away from the franchise; he is seen with Lindsey Stirling in 2017

Starting off strong: Ballas previously made his debut on Dancing With The Stars in 2007, when he appeared on the program’s fifth season; he is seen with Lindsey Stirling in 2017

Taking it all home: Ballas and D’Amelio went on to come out on top of the series’ other couples during its 31st most recent season

He went on to take home the mirrored ball alongside Kristi Yamaguchi during the following run of episodes.

The dancer subsequently won the show’s grand prize during its eighth season, in which he was paired with Shawn Johnson.

Ballas and D’Amelio went on to come out on top of the series’ other couples during its 31st most recent season.

The television personality’s former dance partners include Shannen Doherty, Melissa Joan Hart and Kim Kardashian.

Mark Ballas announces he will be retiring from Dancing With The Stars during an appearance in Vegas

This content was originally published here.










©2024 VEGAS INFORMATION • ALL RIGHTS RESERVED