People worldwide go to Las Vegas to get married, just like they go here to gamble. There are wedding chapels everywhere, with different styles and prices, so you can have the kind of wedding you want.
Even the big hotels and casinos offer wedding packages, with their own chapels and people to help you plan your big day. You can spend a lot of money if you want to, but it’s not required. There are cheap options that will still make your wedding day really special.
Here are eight shocking facts about Las Vegas weddings.
1. New Year’s Eve and Valentine’s Day are the most popular days to get married in Las Vegas.
2. Couples can experience a drive-thru wedding at the Special Memory Wedding Chapel in downtown Las Vegas.
3. Many couples have tied the knot at the famous Chapel of the Flowers, one of the oldest wedding chapels in the city. It’s been around for 60 years.
4. Sin City has lenient requirements for marriage. Couples must be at least 18, show an ID, and pay a small fee.
5. Many celebrities have tied the knot in Las Vegas. However, one specific chapel seems to be the most preferred wedding venue by most stars- the Graceland Wedding Chapel. Some famous names who have walked down the chapel aisle include Elvis Presley, Jon Bon Jovi, Salma Hayek, and Billy Ray Cyrus.
6. Couples can marry in Clark County for $60, making Las Vegas one of the most affordable destinations to tie the knot.
8. Sin City remains the world’s top wedding destination. Three hundred weddings happen in the city daily. Hawaii is the second most popular wedding destination.
This content was originally published here.